Do you have vacancies you are looking to fill?
Advertise them here!
Forward details to – Julie Bent email@example.com
Request must include:
- Job description in Word format
- Company logo in JPEG format
- Contact details for applications
No word tables please.
Job title: Packing Technologist
Salary: £20,000 per year
Closing date: 3rd April 2020
How to apply: contact Michelle Barrett – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Management of the artwork process from sending cutter guides to the signing off of artwork and repro
- Management of incoming packaging checks and certificates
- Collate and also detail packaging faults – liaising with suppliers
- Assist in maintaining the rejection root cause analysis tracker
- Responsible for ad-hoc related duties that may arise during the work day
- Cover packaging call-offs as deputy to the packaging buyer
- Ensure all packaging specifications are maintained as accurate and complete
- Participating in product development/launch meetings
- Visiting of packaging suppliers as required
- Carrying out internal audits against the BRC Food Standard including company polices/procedures
Decision boundaries: Responsible to the Packaging Buyer/Specifications Manager for all day-to-day aspects of packaging at the Crewe site.
- Site Directors
- Technical Team
- No direct reports
- Numerous key internal relationships
Importance rating A – essential/legal requirement, B – highly desirable, C – desirable
- Degree within a food related discipline – A
- Full UK Driving License – C
Knowledge and skills
- Excellent administration and IT skills – B
- Understanding of specified technical attributes of food packaging and legislation – C
- Good organisational, interpersonal and communication skills – A
- Flexible “can do” attitude – A
- Takes responsibility, enthusiastic and proactive – A
- Analytical, accurate and tenacious – A
- Good time management and self-motivation to with the ability to work to deadlines and under pressure, whilst maintaining high levels of accuracy – B
Over time we would like the successful candidate to become an expert in packaging, to which the company will provide the necessary and relevant training.