Principles and Practice (Accredited)
To provide a basic understanding of the principles of safe manual handling techniques.
On completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- Identify the hazards of manual handling
- Understand the injuries caused by manual handling
- Identify the risks involved
- Ientify the controls available
- Identify what to expect from a manual handling assessment
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
Suitable for anyone who has to lift and carry at work.
1/2 day course with multiple choice exam.
- Health and Safety law
- Risk assessment
- The process of manual handling in the workplace
- Manual handling injuries and the activities which cause them
- Manual handling assessment and control options
- Factors to consider before completing a manual handling task
- Responsibilities imposed by the manual handling regulations
- Lifting techniques
- RSI / WRULD
HEALTH, SAFETY AND QUALITY
Health, safety and quality issues will be addressed throughout the course content at the appropriate times.
Level 2 Award in Health and Safety.
For more information, and details of cost, call Julie Bent on 01270 613191 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org